Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2013

"Seize The Day"

Just do it, come on get up out of your chair and just go do it! This isn't life or death, its not like this
will be my last chance to go for it, I mean I'll see her again some other time, right? Wrong... well you
might see her again, but... you might not. So now I have to make a decision, grow a pair and just go
talk to her or continue to sit here pretending to drink this horrible coffee, which tastes like crap by the
way, and possibly miss my one and only chance. Snap out of it man, this isn't the movies, its not like
you will leave here today and learn tomorrow that she got hit by a car and died, I mean that kind of
stuff doesn't happen in real life, right? Frig I watch too many movies. And now I am sitting here
talking to myself, its happened, I have finally gone nuts. Okay seriously, you have been here for
almost a half an hour... but real life isn't like the movies, a guy can't just come into a coffee shop see a
beautiful girl and randomly go talk to her and then they strike up a conversation, real life isn't actually like that, right? What are you afraid of? I don't know, what if she thinks I'm a nut job and tells me to go away? Then you turn around pay for your crappy coffee and leave and your life goes on. But what if life doesn't go on, what if this is like destiny or fate or something and she is the one and this is my only chance? Well if that's the case than your gonna miss your one and only chance at the "one" because your a wimp. Okay now I am just reading way too much into this, shes a normal girl, I am a normal guy, so we can have a normal conversation. Wait, what if she is the nut job, what if we hit it off and she ends up being a runaway criminal? Wow I think too much, its not that complicated, just seize the opportunity, Carpe Diem "seize the day", make use of opportunities and live life to the fullest, right? Although, the main character in Dead Poets Society followed Carpe Diem and ended up killing himself... I need to get out more, or I could just try watching more documentaries. Crap, I lost track of time I have to go. What are you doing? You sat here thinking of every reason not to go talk to her and convinced yourself not to, now you have from here to the door to convince yourself to do it. I can't do it, I have places to be I don't have time for this. I could be spending my time better than contemplating whether or not to talk to a girl. Than stop wasting time and do it. I can't. What if she is the one and you've missed your only chance? What if she isn't? Than you missed the chance to have a good conversation with a beautiful stranger!
Screw it........... "Hi, I'm Leighton"...

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear you are going for it... I hope she continues to work out for you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if she does not work out there are about 100 girls I know that would love to be on your arm...

    ReplyDelete